Qualified leads are best. Qualified leads are what every sales rep dreams about. But to find qualified leads in less sophisticated companies you'll have to kiss 8-12 frogs (unqualified prospects). In more experienced companies, with sophisticated qualification techniques, they'll create fewer unqualified inquiries to find a qualified prospect with need, desire to buy,and time frame. Qualified sales leads (whether self-qualified or post-inquiry qualified):
- Reduce prospecting time.
- Reduce the sales cycle.
- Increase revenue as qualified lead count surges.
- Increase the percentage of salespeople making quota.
- Reduce sales territory turnover (as more people make quota).
To create qualified leads and be a revenue marketer you have to:
- Constantly measure how many self-qualified versus unqualified leads you are creating.
- Create as many self-qualified leads as possible (get questions answered by the prospects so you know if they are potential buyers and how soon they will buy).
- Decide if you can send the self-qualified leads (once they have qualified themselves) to your salespeople directly without first nurturing, etc.
- Qualify the unqualified leads via emails, calls, and nurturing prior to sending the qualified leads to sales representatives.
- Measure the closed sales that result from the qualified and unqualified leads.
- Repeat what works; delete what fails.
Why it Matters:
Qualified leads reduce the cost of sales and increase
revenue while reducing the sales cycle.