In this episode of SLMA Radio guest-host, Nick Lissette interviews Black Pearl CIO Mike Guggermos. They discuss the glaring mistakes sales and marketing people from technology companies make in trying to sell to IT. These, Mike says are the mistakes that contribute to lost sales such as:
- The four questions that make IT managers want to vomit when asked by salespeople
- Is IT really the roadblock in selling to a company?
- The biggest mistake a salesperson makes in selling to the IT manager.
- Why salespeople need to talk outcomes and performance indicators over features
- Why IT gets measured on financials and not marketing outcomes
- Why the IT budget doesn’t include IT for marketing
- How IT organizations are budgeted
- The conflict between Corporate IT and Marketing IT.
- When salespeople fail to address the risk of implementation
About Mike Guggermos:
Mike Guggemos is the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the Black Pearl Mail. Mike brings extensive global experience to the role having served as a senior executive in two F500 firms over the last 25 years. Most recently Mike was the CIO of Insight Enterprises, Inc. where he was responsible for Information Technology as well directly engaging with critical global clients. Prior to Insight, Mr. Guggemos held numerous positions with Motorola, Inc., to include Corporate Vice President, Information Technology where he was responsible for end to end IT architecture, applications, infrastructure, engineering and other IT services.
About Black Pearl Mail
Founded in 2014, Black Pearl Mail is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product that helps companies increase their brand awareness and grow revenues. Black Pearl has been engineered to seamlessly integrate with Microsoft's O365 and G-Suite.
Black Pearl is the perfect accompaniment to any businesses email communications by making it Manageable, Actionable and Insightful. Centralized signature management ensures easy brand consistency and compliance. Banner messaging transforms passive email communication into a value-add digital marketing tool. End-user insights let emails understand when and how recipients are interacting with their email. The company is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, also has a growing R&D hub in Wellington, New Zealand and support office in Zurich.
To learn more, please visit www.blackpearlmail.com.
About Our Guest-Host Nick Lissette
Nick Lissette is the Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Black Pearl Mail. With almost a decade of experience in business email, Nick also serves as a Director on both the Fiduciary and Advisory Boards. Nick is an ‘entrepreneur’s entrepreneur’ with a keen knack of identifying emerging technologies and markets. Lissette on Linkedin