The CEO’s Revenue Tightrope: Integrating Two Sales Teams Post Merger or Acquisition
During this program on Sales Enablement Radio, host Dan Perry (The Brevet Group) interviews Phil Saunders, CEO of the $200 million company Saba Software, the talent management technology company. Saunders reveals the ups and downs of integrating two successful sales organizations in their merger with Halogen, a talent management company. During the interview Phil and Dan discuss:
- Post merger sales team integration: planning is crucial, don't take anything for granted
- During mergers people turn inward and lose focus, unless you take these tips
- Surprise: even the best-laid plans can be interesting
- It helps to have a dose of healthy paranoia.
- Some things went well and some could have been better.
- The acquiring company should not determine the culture: how culture in both organizations in a merger can be brought to a win-win.
- Two most important missions during a merger: keeping the best customers and best people
About the Guest, Phil Saunders
Phil Saunders is CEO of Saba Software and serves on the board of directors. A passionate people- and customer-focused leader, Phil is responsible for guiding Saba's vision and strategy across all product and go-to-market functions, business operations, and talent and culture initiatives.
About Saba Software - On a Mission
Saba provides the power of 1,000 talent experts focused solely on living that mission, and helping HR leaders transform their people strategy and talent experience, while delivering tangible impact to the business. The average person will spend nearly 100,000 hours of their life working. Saba's mission is to help clients create a work experience for their people that's more engaging, inspiring and empowering — an experience that transforms the working lives of millions and creates more growth and success for every business.