“Companies experiencing an annual growth of at least 20 percent are relying more heavily on purchased leads than any other lead source.”
Velocify by EllieMae
Title: Lead Trends Report
Published by/Authors: Velocify
Subtitle: Are Purchased Leads Dead?
Length: 16 Pages PPT Format
- 100 participating companies were from firms with sales of $10 MM to $1 Billion (10%)
- Participants were from mortgage, business and professional services, technology and insurance
Findings of interest
- “Companies experiencing an annual growth of at least 20 percent are relying more heavily on purchased leads, than any other source”
- Most lead buyers want higher quality leads but aren’t willing to pay for it
- 84% want improved quality - page 5 chart with pie chart
- $42 per lead is the average spend – page 6 with bar and line charts showing spending
- High-growth companies spend an average of $86
- 45% of lead buyers plan to increase investment
- 67% buy more than 500+ leads a month
- Investment in self-generated lead sources are expected to grow
- 57% of companies are planning to increase referral leads
- 19% are planning to decrease purchased leads
- 30% are planning to increase lead purchases
- Nice chart of where leads are coming from – page 9
- The detailed chart on page 11 examines the six sources of purchased leads:
- Shared - 25%
- Exclusive 20%
- Aged Generated -18%
- Live Transfer – 18%
- List Provider – 10%
- Aged – 5%
- Other – 3%
SLMA Comments: The report makes a good case for why purchased leads are worth the time, money and effort. Revenue growth heads the list for reasons why (Pages 14-16).
- C-Level Folks
- Marketing Operations
- Content Management and Creation
- Product Management
About Velocify by EllieMae
Velocify® provides a sales acceleration software platform that helps high-velocity sales teams turn more prospects into customers. We help more than 1,500 companies streamline their sales processes and stay focused on activities that lead to more sales. Named one of the best sales software products to use in 2017 by G2 Crowd, Velocify is setting the standard in the exploding sales acceleration market.
This review was conducted independently without the advice or consent of the publisher. Of course, we only review those papers that are worth it for you to read, we leave the others to someone else.
Note: If you would like your research or e-book reviewed, you may submit it to: email@example.com. There is no guarantee it will be reviewed. You may not be given notice if it is reviewed. If you would like to submit artwork for the cover of the work along with a copy of the work, you may do so. Members and non-members, sponsors and non-sponsors are welcomed to submit work for review. Sponsors are given priority for white paper reviews.
For priceless but free membership in the Sales Lead Management Association go here.