IT Podcasts Marketing Should Hear: GDPR, Security Threats, Cyber Crime, Dark Web and Digital War Room
Because, Marketing IT budgets are said to be fast surpassing the annual “Corporate IT Budget,” marketing operations management is the fastest growing title in marketing, and the number of software programs being administered by marketing for itself and sales is in the dozens and dozens, we suggest that marketing management needs to expand their knowledge of IT issues.
Why it Matters
"It's time to wake up. IT issues are Marketing Issues."
During this episode, we will try to answer the key questions related to European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which will be effective May 25, 2018:
- What’s the biggest pain point around GDPR?
- Who is impacted by GDPR?
- What can GDPR be compared to?
- Why should you even care about GDPR?
What happens after May 25th, the enforcement date?
During today’s episode, we'll spend time studying and answering a few points:
- How did we get here? To the point where the majority of the commercial infrastructure we rely on today cannot be trusted?
- Who are these Threat Actors? How can they continue to prosper and grow in light of so much visibility now on things like massive data breaches?
- Why is it so hard for Cyber Defenses to keep up with the threat?
- What major trends do you see unfolding between now and 2020? Both the evolution of the Threat, and the evolution of Cyber Defenses?
- What advice do you have for our audience as they watch this global storm-front building on the horizon
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we are pleased to see a returning guest joining us, Joy Beland, President at Pink Hat Technology Management.
In today’s episode, we will discuss:
- Security awareness
- Staff training
- Employees skills
- Network health
- Reputation and Dollar saving
In this week's PICNIC episode, we welcome Kevin Lancaster, CEO, ID Agent. Kevin has served as Chief Executive Officer of ID Agent since its founding in 2015.
In this episode, we spend a bit of time studying and answering a few points:
- What’s the Dark Web really, and why should businesses worry about it?
- Why do personal identity breaches matter to businesses? (i.e. Is a company is at risk when its employees suffer personal identity theft?)Why do personal identity breaches matter to businesses? (i.e. Is a company is at risk when its employees suffer personal identity theft? YES!)
- What part does dark web monitoring play in a business continuity plan?
- Cyber Monday starts the seasonal spike for digital identity theft. What are the top 3 things businesses should be doing to protect themselves?
- What part does DW monitoring play in a business continuity plan?
- Cyber Monday starts the seasonal spike for digital identity theft. What are the Top 3 things individuals should be doing to protect themselves?
- What are Top 3 recommendations for businesses to do
- If I change my passwords, isn’t that enough?
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome a returning guest: Dennis Drogseth, EMA (Enterprise Management Associates) Vice President.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we want to spend a bit of time on the digital war room and ask ourselves…
- What the “digital war room” really is
- What technologies Dennis foresees as shaping the digital war room most dramatically in the present/future?
- Dennis has recently written a buyer’s guide on advanced IT analytics and we would like to know more about their potential impact
- What we should expect as the impact of DevOps/ agile on the digital war room? What about the impact of cloud—and public cloud in particular?
- What will the future be for the digital war room? Will there even be a war room?
About the show:
Join Jeanne Hopkins, Ipswitch EVP and CMO, Greg Mooney, and Kevin Conklin, Ipswitch VP of Product Marketing, to learn about IT Pros Tips and Tricks. Their guests will share their experience and best practices to save their days!
For today’s hard-working IT teams relied upon to manage increasing complexity, Ipswitch IT management software delivers secure control of business transactions, applications and infrastructure. Designed to easily try, buy and use, our simply powerful and flexible software helps teams shine by delivering 24/7 performance across cloud, virtual and network environments.