Why It’s Important:
“Revenue is the crucial measurement of marketing and sales activities, nothing else ultimately matters and this report from Heinz Marketing on Marketing Performance Management Research is THE guide to company revenue growth.”
James Obermayer - Reviewer
Title: Marketing Performance Management Research
Published by/Authors: Heinz Marketing
Length: 21 pages
This research study starts off in the first paragraph saying, “The days of activity-based marketing are over.” With this sentence Heinz Marketing declares that the last 100 plus years of activity based marketing have come to an end; this is not a light-weight statement.
Why it Matters
“With the sentence, “The days of activity-based marketing are over.” Heinz Marketing declares that the last 100 plus years of activity based marketing have come to an end; this is not a light-weight statement.”
The authors make this statement because, “Marketers have the ability to scrutinize the value and impact they have on driving revenue.” What this means to me is that they REALLY, finally, without doubt, without equivocation have the ability to drive revenue based on marketing facts without guess-work and with great precision. Don’t be foolish and pass this research over without measuring your organization against the findings.
Basis: Survey of 250 B2B marketing and sales executives.
- 71.3% of marketing organizations have increased accountability for
- 61.8% responded their company achieves or exceeds revenue goals as a
result of increased marketing accountability and responsibility.
- 75% shared their companies do not achieve revenue goals without
increased marketing accountability.
- The #1 ranked success factor in achieving revenue goals is an effective
marketing and sales partnership
- 66.7% report revenue pipeline opportunities as the #1 marketing success
- Less than 8% of sales management and only 12% of representatives
sales execs believe their marketing organizations effectively use revenue
There are a lot more details and answers to very important questions about sales and marketing’s cooperation and measurement of revenue.
Divided into two sections:
- Sales and Marketing Revenue Responsibility and Accountability
- They report on the impact of increased revenue responsibility and accountability.
- Seven pages of charts and metrics covering the responses to questions which report with a deep of detail on revenue responsibility and of goal achievement. Of special note are opinions on whether organizations are achieving revenue goals when marketing has revenue responsibility.
- Performance Metrics- five detailed pages showing a wide range of factors which contribute to success or failure of revenue generation. You have to read this several times and think about the implications for your company.
- Sales Management
- Sales Managers
- Sales Operations Management
- Sales Representatives
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Operations
You may also like:
Marketing Performance Management Report Results (Replay of 6/29 Sales Pipeline Radio available after 7/3/17)
This review was conducted independently without the advice or consent of the publisher.
Note: If you would like your research or e-book reviewed, you may submit it to: email@example.com. There is no guarantee it will be reviewed. You may not be given notice if it is reviewed. If you would like to submit artwork for the cover of the work along with a copy of the work, you may do so. Members and non-members, sponsors and non-sponsors are welcomed to submit work for review. Sponsors are given priority for white paper /research reviews.
For priceless but free membership in the Sales Lead Management Association go here.