Those with a $ dollar sign lead to immediate increases in sales.
Many of these “facts” are found in SLMA blog entries and in the SLMA Resources-Articles section. Velocify’s references are from resources-white papers –which they excel at. Many are from Hubspot’s 107 Mind-Blowing Sales Statistics That Will Help You Sell Smarter. In addition, some are in the books authored by James Obermayer: Managing Sales Leads, Turning Cold Prospects into Hot Customers, and Sales & Marketing 365. He is also co-author of Managing Sales Leads, How to Turn Every Prospect into a Customer, and Find Lost Revenue. Dollar signs indicate the value of fixing/adjusting your "sales lead management program for a better ROI.
- $$$ 45% of all B2B leads turn into a sale for someone within a year. (Sales Leakage Consulting)
- $$$ 26% of B2B leads turn into a sale within six months. (Sales Leakage Consulting)
- $$$ 10-15% of leads turn into a sale for someone within three months. (Sales Leakage Consulting)
- $$$ Follow-up of sales leads by a salesperson is 10-25%.(Sales Leakage Consulting)
- A CRM software system is not the sales lead management process. It is a part of the sales and marketing process. (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- $$$$$ Sales lead nurturing programs increase perceived sales lead follow-up and increase sales from 200-300% from sales leads. (Sales Lead Management Assn. and most of the marketing automation software companies)
- $$$$$ If you follow up with web lead sources within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them. [Source: com]
- $$$$$ The simple act of placing a phone call to a new prospect within a minute of lead generation can increase your likelihood of conversion by nearly 400%. Velocify The Ultimate Contact Strategy
- $$$$ 25% of marketers who adopt mature lead management processes report that their sales teams contact prospects within one day. Only 10% of marketers report the same follow-up time without mature lead management processes. [Source: Forrester Research]
- $$ Companies experiencing significant growth have a higher percentage of purchased leads and a lower percentage of referral and direct mail leads, compared to companies experiencing less growth. Velocify Research Lead Trends Report
- $$ Respondents from high-growth companies (revenue growth of more than 20 percent annually) are purchasing a higher volume of leads compared to slow-growth or stagnant companies:. Velocify Research Lead Trends Report
- $ 67 percent of high-growth companies report monthly purchased-lead volumes of 500 or more. Velocify Research Lead Trends Report
- $ High-growth companies are spending more for higher quality leads. On average they spend $86 per lead, compared to the average spend of $42 per lead reported by all lead buyers surveyed. Velocify Research Lead Trends Report
- A marketing automation software system is not the sales lead management process. It is a part of the sales and marketing process. (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- A sales inquiry is not a sales lead. A real sales lead, as considered by the salespeople (who are the only ones who count), is a lead that is qualified to buy the company’s product. (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- Qualified sales leads are estimated to be 10-15% of all raw inquiries. (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- $ Ask the salespeople what they want from marketing and they will say, “More sales leads.” Give them more sales leads, and they will say, “You misunderstood me. What I meant is we need qualified” (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- Trade show inquiries (including sales leads) close at a higher rate than most other demand generation sources (the jury is still out on inquiries and leads driven by artificial intelligence). (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- $ The faster you follow up a sales lead, the more likely you will complete the sale. (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- $ Sales leads, called by telemarketing as part of the nurture process, close at a higher rate than those not called (it’s the human element). (Sales Lead Management Assn.)
- $ 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. [Source: Scripted]
- $ The average salesperson only makes 2 attempts to reach a prospect.[Source: Sirius Decisions]
- $ 80% of sales require five follow-ups. [Source: The Marketing Donut]
- 63% of people requesting information on your company today will not purchase for at least three months – and 20% will take more than 12 months to buy. [Source: Marketing Donut]
- 50% of leads are “qualified” but not yet ready to buy.[Source: Gleanster Research] Note: depends on your definition of qualified.
- At any given time, only 3% of your market is actively buying; 56% are not ready; 40% are poised to begin. SLMA Note: percentages are rounded.[Source: Vorsight]
- $$$ Lead nurturing emails get 4-10 times the response rate compared to standalone email blasts.[Source: SilverPop/DemandGen Report]
- $$$$$ Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads[Source: ANNUITAS Group]
- 65% of B2B marketers have not established lead nurturing.[Source: MarketingSherpa]
- $$$$$ Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. [Source: Gartner Research]
- $ Companies that excel at lead nurturing have 9% more sales reps making quota.[Source: CSO Insights]
Of course, there are more facts about sales leads and sales lead management than what we have presented here. Every white paper on the subject has found many more "truths" about sales leads and sales lead management. It is deep and interesting area because there so many different people interpreting so many different motivations between buyer and seller. And now, there are so many tools for marketing to use, that to learn all of the facts about this field is to suppose you can learn all of the facts about physics, or geology.
Why it's Important
"Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. "
On the surface this sounds ridiculous, but the human interactions of this field twists the outcome and the facts themselves into almost unlimited pathways to success. As Edward De Bono says, there are many ways to be right, many pathways; some more right than others. The important things is you are seeking and asking.