This famous quote has been attributed to the US Army - Ranger Training Manual. The lesson is that as marketers and salespeople you can’t fear action and you should fear inaction; both can lead to failure. As marketers and salespeople I think the phrase must be changed to:
“Anything you do can get you fired, including doing nothing.”
For marketers, there are five certainties that will lead to eventual failure and get you fired:
- Not supporting the sales forecast with lead generation campaigns will get you fired.
- Not having a CRM system in place will lead to failure.
- Not having a marketing automation system will lead to failure
- Not measuring your campaign ROI will lead to failure.
- Not creating qualified leads will lead to failure.
Why it matters:
“Tackling the right problem is the essence of successful action”
Keshavan Nair “Beyond Winning-Handbook For Leadership Revolution”