Length: 20 Pages
Highlights: This is a survey seeking insight into marketing technologies, tactics and content that B2B organizations use for their demand generation efforts. How the survey was done:
- 200 marketing VPs, directors and managers – United States
- From to 50-100 5,000 + employee organizations
- Computer software, media and entertainment, telecom, financial services, etc.
Eight Results Categories:
- Current Marketing Technology Importance
- Content marketing got the highest grade (85%) in thirteen categories.
- SEO, CRM, Marketing Automation, Social media followed in descending order
- Projected Marketing Technology Importance 12-18 months
- Content Marketing ranked highest (60%)
- Marketing Automaton, Lead Lifecycle/Attribution Reporting, Testing & Optimization, and Predicitve Analytics
- Marketing Technologies Expected to Deliver ROI
- Marketing automation (58%)
- Read the report for others
- Current Marketing Tactic Importance
- Email marketing was first with 83%
- You will be surprised at the others
- Projected Marketing Tactic Importance
- Lead Nurturing led with 65%
- Whoa! Interesting choices here!
- Current Importance of Various Content Types
- Blog Posts led with 76%
- White Iapers, Videos and infographics top the list
- Projected Importance of Various Content Types
- Videos toped the list at 70%
- Challenges Impacting Demand Generation Marketing Initiatives
- This section shows that in “current future” and “side-by side” comparisons, budget concerns tops the list for both of them.
- Lack of marketing resources or knowhow follows second on both charts.
The authors spend several pages on what the take-aways mean. Obviously, they are opinionated but I found their thoughts creditable. ROI takes a big hit in this report.
SLMA Comments: Survey Report: A Look at the Content and Technology Driving Today’s Demand Generation is a must read to compare your own performance and opinions against the herd.
Small nitpick: The screened back type makes it difficult to read. You will view in color and it is readable, but also print in color if need be. It is worth it.
I would like to see the response breakdown between large and small companies. The results could change depending on the size of the companies. Unless there are 100 in each category the results can also be skewed. With error rates exceeding 3-5%. This report falls into the “significant statistical findings” category which still makes it worth reading.
Why it’s Important
“The Tech stack potential is growing faster than budgets and knowhow, but those that figure it out will be the winners.”
- C-Level Folks
- Marketing Operations
- Content Management and Creation
- Product Management
About Spear Marketing
Spear Marketing Group is a full-service demand generation agency that helps B2B companies generate, nurture, and convert leads to revenue.
Launched in 2009, Spear has quickly grown to be one of the leading B2B agencies in the country, serving a range of clients from start-ups to industry giants. Along the way, we’ve built a team of strategists, creatives, and technicians who are experts at what they do.
Our unique, holistic approach to demand generation blends strategic expertise, creative flair, and a deep understanding of marketing technology to achieve measurable results across every stage of the lead lifecycle: lead generation, lead nurturing, and customer marketing. By measuring everything we do, by understanding your business, and by knowing what works, we generate a better return on your marketing investment. We call it Marketing with a Point.
Content is the fuel driving most marketing activities today, including social media, inbound marketing, and demand generation. Compelling content is an essential tool to help move prospects along the buyer's journey to a closed sale.
Nonetheless, the creation of high quality content currently remains a time consuming and laborious process for marketing departments. Notably, content marketing is one of the few marketing disciplines that has yet to be automated.
TechValidate is a pioneer and leader in the marketing content automation field. Our on-demand offering is the first and only automated platform that collects and transforms customer experience data into credible content (case studies, ROI analyses, customer testimonials, customer reviews) for use across all key marketing and sales communication channels.
Unlike other content marketing offerings that focus solely on managing the process of creating content, TechValidate is the industry's only solution that systematically creates actual marketing content.
This review was conducted independently without the advice or consent of the publisher. Of course, we only review those papers that are worth it for you to read and leave the others to someone else.
If you would like your research or e-book reviewed, you may submit it to: email@example.com. There is no guarantee it will be reviewed. You may not be given notice if it is reviewed. If you would like to submit artwork for the cover of the work along with a copy of the work, you may do so. Members and non-members, sponsors and non-sponsors are welcomed to submit work for review. Sponsors are given priority for white paper reviews.
For priceless but free membership in the Sales Lead Management Association go here.