Today's topics include: 5 Most Important Things Marylou Tyler has learned in business and life. Should Incentives Be Used to Get Salespeople to do Their Job? Confessions of a CMO: The secrets and successes behind B2B’s revenue leaders, and our day ends with: 17 Areas Shaping the IT Operations Marketing in 2018.
10:30 SLMA Radio with host, James Obermayer
Guest: Marylou Tyler @maryloutyler
Topic: 5 Most Important Things Marylou Tyler has learned in business and life.
Author and Consultant Marylou Tyler shares the processes in her life which have served her well. She joins a list of executives that have opined on what has helped them on the pathways of life. She discusses:
- Why doing what you love and not following money or title is the key to success
- How embracing change in a rapidly changing world helped her
- Why celebrating small wins leads to big success
- What she has learned from “Habit Stacking” that leads to an evolving process of constant improvement.
- And finally, and not surprising, how lifelong learning fuels a positive attitude on life.
11:00 CRM Radio with host, James Obermayer
Guest: Brian Trautschold, Cofounder/COO Ambition @BTrautschold
Topic: Should Incentives Be Used to Get Salespeople to do Their Job?
The obstacle of any CRM deployment is acceptance and use by salespeople. If the salespeople dig in their heels and refuse to use the CRM System to its full capability the money, the training, forecasts and marketing reports of ROI are dead. Sales is less efficient, marketing is flying blind, the sales manager has reports that are meaningless.
Because of these truths, we interviewed Brian Trautschold, Co-Founder and COO at Ambition, he discusses how to use incentives with salespeople to over-come a salesperson’s natural inclination to not cooperate.
11:30 Sales Pipeline Radio with host, Matt Heinz @heinzmarketing
Guest: Joe Hyland @mojoehyland
Topic: Confessions of a CMO: The secrets and successes behind B2B’s revenue leaders
12:00 P.I.C.N.I.C. Podcast by Ipswitch with host, Kevin Conklin @ipswitch @kevinconklin
Guest: Bojan Simic, DEJ Founder @bojan_simic
Topic: 17 Areas Shaping the IT Operations Marketing in 2018
We will talk about a recent survey released by Digital Enterprise Journal (DEJ) about “17 Areas Shaping the IT Operations Market in 2018”.
Some of the key findings include:
- 24% - are looking invest in new IT Operations solutions in next 12 months to be able to manage microservices and containers
- 52% - reported advanced analytics and automation capabilities as the key driver for network monitoring in 2018
- 54% - reported that network monitoring for Cloud and virtualized environments is becoming major requirement for 2018
The study is based on insights from more than 2,500 end-users, includes hundreds of data points and is produced by using DEJ's unique approach for ongoing data collection and analysis as well as the company TPO (Maturity Class Framework) methodology.