Sitting in for Matt Heinz (jury duty called), Jim Obermayer interviews DiscoverORG CEO Henry Schuck to discuss how his company fed their revenue climb with a journey to 24k demos a year for the SDR team:
- They discussed the history of DiscoverOrg’s SDR team (comparison of 2015 stats to today’s)
- How 2015 became the year they focused on hyper growth
- A realization of the need to step up the SDR program in order to compete with companies of the size they wanted to be
What they did:
o Implemented new hiring methods
o Created new inbound/outbound team structure
o Better aligned SDR team w/Marketing
o Invested in new Marketing leadership
- The tech stack: Highest quality data available remained the foundation
- SDR incentives: competitions, awards, clear career path
- Created a culture of “No politics. No B.S. No a-holes.”
o Challenged SDRs to become 1% better each day
- Bring Finance team in as an accountability partner
- Metrics: What they look ed for from inbound and outbound teams
- Henry’s involvement: from “When it’s bad” to “When it can get better”
o Personal attention, mentorship and encouragement are all key to keeping the team on track
o Encourages the rest of the team to stay accountable, hold one another accountable
- Why being paranoid when it’s good….is good
o Need to ensure repeatability of excellenc
The results: 24,000 demos booked in a single year
Your may also like: How MI Improves Marketing ROI
More about Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck is a leading entrepreneur in sales intelligence and lead generation. Having founded DiscoverOrg in 2007 when he was 23, he has led the company on a rapid growth path including funding investments from the likes of TA Associates, Goldman Sachs BDC, FiveW Capital and NXT Capital.
Under Henry’s leadership, DiscoverOrg built the industry’s most accurate, highest-quality contact database, through a mix of technology and a team of live researchers who continually call into thousands of IT, marketing, HR, and finance departments. DiscoverOrg was recognized for the quality of its datasets with both a Stevie® and a CODIE award. It was also named a Leader and ranked Number One in customer service by G2 Crowd.
Before founding DiscoverOrg, Henry managed marketing and research at iProfile leading the company to a successful private equity sale.
He is a cum laude graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he was selected in 2013 as the Honors College Alumni of the Year. He also holds a juris doctorate degree cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and has studied comparative law at Oxford University. He is a licensed attorney in Washington and Nevada.
Sales Pipeline Radio is heard each week at 11:30 AM PST on the Funnel Radio Channel. Programs on the Funnel Radio Channel are produced by the Funnel Media Group, LLC. If you would like your program on the Funnel Radio Channel contact: jobermayer@funnelmediagroup LLC dot com