Title: Industrial Sales & Marketing
Subtitle: A Roadmap for Success
Published by/Authors: ActiveConversion
Length: 25 pages
- Introduction: The Digital Disruption
- Marketing: Engaging A Digital Audience
- Key Differences Between Consumer and Industrial Marketing
- Take Search Engines Seriously. You (Probably) Don’t Need a New Website
- The Goal of Your Website: Encourage Conversion
- Simple Tips To Convert Better
- What Are The Next Steps?
- Sales: Moving Past Order Taking
- Writing Effective Industrial Sales Emails
- Warm Calling
- Improving Sales Call Success
- Closing Industrial Sales with Multiple Buyers
- Finding Contact Information Conclusion
This is published by a verified, experienced company in the Industrial space, which includes service to manufacturers, distributors and industrial service providers. This white paper’s authors contend that the industrial companies have been slow to meet the challenge of digital marketing.
Bain & Company conducted a 2015 study that found that B2B buyers perform more than 2/3 of their decision making research on line.
CEB said B2B buyers are on average 57% of the way to a purchase before speaking with anyone.
Grainger, the largest U.S. Based indusial distributor expects 80% of its sales will happen on line by 2022.
The authors discuss the key differences between consumer and industrial marketing which includes longer sales cycles, technical specs and buying terms. The result: those adopting a consumer marketing and sales approach are not likely to be successful. (SLMA Note: The number of times we have seen an experienced and talented consumer CMO hired into an industrial firm and fail is too great to count.)
Other important callouts:
- Take Search Engines Seriously: Industrial buyers treat search engines like industrial catalogs
- Optimization is not an option
- PPC: Pay Per Click impacts are immediate: get on with it
- Don’t worry about building a new website, worry about content
- The Goal of a Website: Conversion comes from traffic, work on conversion: tactics pages 10-13
- The section on Warm Calling and Improving Sales Call Success are worth spending some time on.
Why It’s Important:
“The B2B sales cycle is often too long and complex to expect visitors to make a purchase immediately on a website. Instead, industrial websites should aim to identify visitors, so that sales teams can follow up and guide prospects through the buying cycles.”
Fred Yee, ActiveConversion
In closing, the company only makes passing reference to its software (marketing automation and conversion software). Nice lite-touch from obvious experts in the field.
- C-Level Folks
- Marketing Operations
- Content Management and Creation
- Product Management
You may also like:
ActiveConversion is the leading industrial sales and marketing solution provider across North America.
Since 2007, ActiveConversion’s team has helped generate revenue for business to business companies in more than 500 successful projects, using online advertising, conversion software and web expertise. Industrial buyers are searching for products and services online. We provide tailored solutions to help manufacturers, distributors and industrial service providers connect with these interested buyers and convert the best opportunities into sales.
The ActiveConversion software was developed in 2007 and has become the benchmark in lead identification, lead management, and marketing automation for industrial companies.
ActiveConversion provides a single tool to help convert interested buyers, measure marketing and sell intelligently. The platform is simple to use and easy to integrate into existing processes, which is why it has helped companies improve sales and marketing in over 500 projects across different industries.
This review was conducted independently without the advice or consent of the publisher.
Note: If you would like your research or e-book reviewed, you may submit it to: email@example.com. There is no guarantee it will be reviewed. You may not be given notice if it is reviewed. If you would like to submit artwork for the cover of the work along with a copy of the work, you may do so. Members and non-members, sponsors and non-sponsors are welcomed to submit work for review. Sponsors are given priority for white paper reviews.
For priceless but free membership in the Sales Lead Management Association go here.