- What is your opinion of the definition of the position? Is it technologist, digital marketing guru, Business Intelligence expert or all three?
- Does the creation of this department run separate, but parallel to the IT Department?
- Does it have a budget totally separate from IT?
- What function does this department assume when it comes to security? Does the manager defer to IT or take a leadership role?
- Does the Marketing Operations Manager become the de facto “accountability manager” for all campaigns?
- You state 21 functions of marketing operations across five categories which are Technology, Data Maintenance, Measurement, Analytics and Reporting, Process and Execution. Which do you think is the most important?
- Is there a conflict between Marketing Ops and Demand gen?
- Where does business intelligence fit in all of this?
Debbie is author of the award winning book – “Rise of the Revenue Marketer,” Chancellor of Revenue Marketing University, and host of WRMR Power TalkRadio for Revenue Marketing Leaders, which showcases marketing executives from companies like GE and Microsoft sharing advice on marketing transformation. A PhD candidate, Debbie also teaches an MBA course at College of William & Mary on Revenue Marketing.
In March 2016, Kapost named Debbie among the Top 40 Most Inspiring Women in Marketing. In February 2016 SLMA named Debbie one of the Top 40 Most Inspiring in Sales Lead Management. For the last four years, Debbie has been named One of the Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management. She has also won SLMA’s Top 20 Women to Watch distinction. In 2014 FierceCMO Magazine named Debbie one of the Top 10 Women CMOs to Watch.
About The Pedowitz Group – Connecting Marketing to Revenue™
The Pedowitz Group, an Inc. 500 company, is the world’s largest full-service Revenue Marketing™ company. A two time Pacesetter winner, The Pedowitz Group helps global clients transform their marketing organizations from cost centers to revenue centers by assessing and optimizing six controls: strategy, people, process, technology, content and results. As the authority on Revenue Marketing Transformation™, the company has helped over 1,200 clients begin the journey to driving predictable, repeatable and scalable revenue results. The Pedowitz Group customers have won over 40 national awards for their Revenue Marketing excellence. For more information on how The Pedowitz Group helps clients become successful Revenue Marketers™, visit http://www.pedowitzgroup.com, call us at 855-REV-MKTG or visit Revenue Marketer Blog.
SLMA Radio is one of six programs produced by the Funnel Radio Channel.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify to stand out from the crowd. We have great hosts such as Matt Heinz, Steve Gershik, David Lewis and Nate Teplow with interesting programs that solve marketing and sales problems. All live streaming programs are available as podcast replays.