Score: Five out of Five SLMA Recommended Reading
Length: 7 Pages
Why it's Important
VanillaSoft teaches us that cold-calling is not dead and it is not a beginner's activity. Only experienced salespeople will be successful and those who will be most successful will have tools for calling, emailing, workflow and process automation.
Cold calling is not dead, but it is often a beginner's activity, which is probably why it gets such a bad
Highlights of the paper:
- Not Gated information - Download as a PDF
- Seven Chapters
- Problem/Solution format (nice)
- The paper looks at 5 areas:
- Call Automation
- Email Automation
- Workflow Automation
- Process Automation
- Performance Insight
- Based on Stats:
- The Average Sales Rep makes only 8 dials per hour
- Only 2% of the cold calls result in an appointment
- 15% of the sales rep’s time is leaving voice mail
- 71% of the reps say they spend too much time on data entry.
- This is a purely numbers game by experienced reps
- VanillaSoft makes the point that automation is the way to reduce the repetitiveness of cold calling while improving productivity.
- Email Automation stats are stunning.
- Workflow stats:
- Only 33% of an inside sales reps time is spent selling
- 40% of the reps give up after the first call
- 80% of the sales require 5 follow-up calls.
If cold-calling is part of your business plan, this is the paper to read.
- VP Sales
- VP Marketing
- Director of Marketing
- Lead Generation
Disclaimer: This review was conducted independently without the advice or consent of the publisher. VanillaSoft is a sponsor of the SLMA.
Note: If you would like your research or e-book reviewed, you may submit it to: email@example.com. There is no guarantee it will be reviewed. You may not be given notice if it is reviewed. If you would like to submit artwork for the cover of the work along with a copy of the work, you may do so. Members and non-members, sponsors and non-sponsors are welcomed to submit work for review. Sponsors are given priority for white paper reviews.