“Every success is built on the ability to do better than ‘good enough’”
Successful marketers - - those who create programs that generate revenue and prove ROI - - don’t believe in the philosophy of “that’s good enough.”
- Unqualified leads given to salespeople,quantity over quality,
- As a matter of course,an avoidance of measuring the ROI for marketing expenditures,
- A general malaise among marketers that “sales results are not my job.”
As a sales or marketing manager, or as a company president, I don’t want marketing employees who think “good enough” is an ok yardstick of performance. I want marketing people who don’t quit until they adopt the four principles of being an SLMA Marketer. Those four principles require that:
- Salespeople feel that Marketing is a partner in their success.
- 50% of inquiries include qualification criteria after first contact.
- Marketing measures the ROI for lead generation programs.
- Salespeople accept and perform 100% lead follow-up as a matter of pride.
All else, in successful marketing, points back to these four levels of accomplishment.
Why it Matters
George Sheehan (Author, Physician and Runner) said
“Success means having the courage, the determination,
and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.”
If you were meant to be in marketing, and to support the sales channel with revenue-generating genius, then adopt the four principles we espouse in the Sales Lead Management Association. When you do, your performance will greatly exceed ‘good enough.’